5 Cheap ways to pamper yourself
"Work hard & play hard" is the motto of our generation, but in all honesty, it’s more like "Work hard & work harder", between demanding jobs, family, school, spouses and kids, the only free time everyone seems to cherish is the time in the bathroom. We sit, we scroll, we laugh, we clutch our pearls and we binge. The flushing of the toilet represents more than waste being carried away, we are saying good bye to our solace, to our free time and our time of play. Often times people complain about how busy they get and how they can’t possibly find time for rest or self-care, and I wonder why people consider things like taking a break a luxury instead of a necessity. In this fast-paced world its almost mandatory to take a little time for yourself, usually what happens to me when I need rest is that I start forgetting small things, like where did I place my umbrella or my keys. Getting good rest reduces stress and improves your memory. The first step is taking the time off – you know you need it.
Now that you have created time for rest and relaxation, its time to pamper yo self!
1. Sheet masks: The idea of sheet masks originated in Korea, they are faced shaped fabrics that contain nutrition that’s great for your face. All you have to do is apply mask to your face and relax. It is usually required that you keep them on for 20 minutes at least for them to work effectively.
2. Hand masks: Yes, you heard that correctly HAND mask, similar to the sheet mask they deliver nutrients and moisture to your hands (I don’t know about you but my hands are always dry so this was right up my alley) it is shaped like a glove and you can even pretend to be the queen England for twenty minutes while you wait.
3. Robe and slippers: If you don’t have a robe and slipper set for daily use, you really need to stop reading – select the link- add this set to your cart then resume reading. Nothing is better than a robe and soft slippers, fresh out of the shower, after a long day.
4. Foot bath: I’ve had a foot bath for around 3 years now and it is the best! I always forget how great it feels to have an in-house foot soak with heat and bubbles. This would also be a great time to catch up on your favorite show. (just make sure you gather your remote, snacks, and a dry towel just in case you have to move)
5. Bath bombs: Bath bombs are mixtures of essential oils and lovely fragrances that get really bubbly and fizzy when mixed with water. This will allow for a fun and more relaxing bath time. How stressed out can you be when your bath water looks like a galaxy in outer space?
Make yourself a drink or have a sweet treat, and remember that you shouldn’t feel guilty for taking a day to yourself and for yourself. This is an opportunity to give your mind and body time to recharge.