sham.JPG

Hi.

Welcome to my blog. I document my thoughts about travel,health and life in general. Hope you have an awesome stay!

"The power of gratitude" |Inspirview

"The power of gratitude" |Inspirview

Inpirviews are inspirational interviews, short dialogues about everyday happiness and challenges. "We don't grow when things are easy, we grow when we face challenges" - Joyce Meyer

 

 Colleen

Colleen

1.     Tell us about yourself. 

I'm Colleen. I've been working in the media and production field for over 5 years. I am currently a production coordinator/office manager/studio manager/snack provider for a video production company in DUMBO Brooklyn and I love my job. I'm also the proud mother of an energetic three-year-old boy with my life partner of over 5 years. I love creating content and show my passion through making hair and beauty videos on YouTube for fun.

2.    If you were a color in a crayon box how would you describe yourself?

I would say grey because I would be a blend of two extremes. Black and white. I'm pretty all or nothing so although grey is a fusion of both, to me, it represents either one of the spectrums I can be on any given day.

3.     Name one constant struggle that you face daily as well as how your plan to overcome this challenge.

Finding balance in my health is a constant struggle for me. As I said, I'm pretty black or white, on or off and aiming to have a healthy yet balanced meal plan daily is mentally exhausting. Thinking about the right choices to make, planning in advance for what to eat, navigating social situations is all pretty challenging.  My aim is to just continue along my path of making healthy choice 80% of the time and enjoy life's cookies the remaining 20%. Ha!

colleen.jpg

4.     Name one big misconception that you have observed in society today.

That America is falling apart. News and media are specifically targeted to attract viewers with negative news stories. That's what gets clicks, views, traffic. It makes it seem like there is no good happening in America and it's far from true. Every single day there are stories of hope, inspiration, of perseverance and love--unfortunately, it doesn't get as much publicity. Although we have a lot of work to do, I'm so proud to be a citizen of America because you can do absolutely anything you strive to achieve. There are countless immigrant business owners, minority millionaires, people who are so grateful to escape their country's rules and authoritarianism. America has so much to offer and I'm excited to see what the next generation will offer. I hope more unity and more opportunities.

5.     Is there something specific  that keeps you motivated?

The book that changed my entire life is "The Magic" by Rhonda Byrnes. It promotes the power of gratitude and it makes you so thankful for all that you have and in doing so, it encourages more blessings. It made me re-evaluate the phrase, "thank you". 

Thank you Colleen,  for sharing with us!

If you would like to be featured in our Inspirview category please feel free to use our contact page, we would like to hear from you.

Summer Skin tings

Summer Skin tings

What kind of Traveler are you?

What kind of Traveler are you?